Our founder was in pursuit of new business concepts to bring to the Charleston area. As an avid business traveler and beauty connoisseur, she became frustrated
with the lack of clean, nontoxic places to get her nails done. These places existed in every other forward-thinking city, but not in Charleston! After becoming pregnant, she became even more concerned with health implications in standard nail salons. Mylkbar Eco Nails + Beauty was born as a result.
We pride ourselves in creating a safer environment for clients and employees.
Mylkbar's name was inspired from the coconut milk based products we use everyday in beauty services; our name is alternative because our concept is alternative. Mylkbar's #mylkmanis will leave your nails looking better than ever before! Mylkbar is the first, and only, nail & beauty studio dedicated to the pursuit of nontoxic self-care in Charleston, SC.
We hope you are also in the market for a safe, clean,
and stylish place to get pretty and relax!
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- Fume Free: We use high-end, nontoxic products and never offer fake nails/acrylics, which contribute to the typical bad fumes emanating from traditional nail salons.
- 6-Free or Better: Our studio standard is that all polishes be 6-free or better, which means we do not permit the use of many harmful chemicals. These omitted chemicals are as follows: petrochemicals, parabens, DPB, TPHP, toluene, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and animal byproducts.
- Unplumbed Pedicures: This apporach lends a much cleaner experience as it is impossible to adequately clean those pipes and jets over time; scientific data shows that typical pedicure foot baths are breeding grounds for contagious pathogens. Our unplumbed pedi bowls are naturally anti-microbial and thoroughly emptied and disinfected after each use.
- Disposables: Traditional providers reuse tools that should be disposable -- many of these can't possibly be properly sterilized or cleaned! We use disposable files, buffs, & callus removers as these should never be used on someone else! We do encourage clients to keep them for personal use, otherwise these products go in the trash.
- Double Sanitation Technique: We follow a double sanitation method for all instruments and footbaths. This ensures instruments are cleaned thoroughly and disinfected between clients. You will never see one of our technicians pull an instrument from a drawer. Our stainless steel instruments are auto-claved after going through a timed disinfectant soak to ensure proper sterilization.
- Contraindications: We turn clients away that have contraindications (i.e. fungus or infection) for the safety of our employees and other clients.
- Licensed Technicians: Our employees are all current and legally licensed to practice in their respective state.
- Online Booking: You never have to wait for a manicure again! Reserve in advance and save time.
We love a good party! Mylkbar is available for group bookings and private parties. We accommodate bridal parties, baby showers, off-site work meetings,or any other
special occasion. Some fees may apply, depending on the day scheduled and size of your group. Please email email@example.com for more info.
Click on the images below to see more of the studio and shop!